BASO_NCRI 2016 Cancer Conference
6th-9th November 2016
2016 BASO Annual Scientific Conference was held together with
NCRI Cancer Conference on 6th - 9th November 2016 at BT Convention
BASO~ACS joined the NCRI Annual Cancer Conference in 2016 to
showcase the surgical research and education. In view to make it a
mutlidiciplinary meeting, BASO hosted full surgical track on 6th
and 7th November; with a seperate Trainees Meeting (hosted by BASO
Trainees) on Sunday, 6th November.
This joint meeting was a great success with an attendance of
over 1500 delegates, of these approx. 200 were surgeons. The
meeting showcased 50+ educational sessions with an array of plenary
lectures,150+ National and International speakers and a large
industry and trade presence.
The following awards were presented by the Association at this
- The Ronald Raven Prize was awarded to Mr
Massimiliano Cariati of Kings College London.
- The BJS Prize Paper was awarded to Miss
Madhavi Natarajan from NHS.
- The BASO Raven Lifetime Achievement Award
was presented to Professor Robert Grimer, Consultant
- The Uccio Querci della Rovere Award was
presented to Mr Richard Rainsbury, Consutlant
- The Geoff Oates Award was presented to
Professor OJ Garden, Professor of Clinical
- The BJS Lectureship was presented by
Professor Cheng-Har Yip, Consultant Breast
- The Ernest Miles Award was presented to
Professor Brendan Moran, Consultant Colorectal