BASO~ACS Annual Scientific Conference and NCRI Cancer Conference 5th-8th November 2017
Abstracts on all
cancer related topics and specialty areas are invited
Abstract Submission: 3rd April - 4th June
Late breaking Abstract Submission: 31st Jul - 28th
All abstracts will be submitted via the NCRI
There will be several sessions for presentations of clinical and
basic science research papers during the conference. The
Alan Edwards Poster Prize, Ronald Raven
Proffered Paper Prize and
BJS prizes Proffered Paper Prize will be awarded
during the meeting.
- Showcase your research and receive feedback from your
- Ensure your work is accessible to the UK and international
- Win prizes and awards for the best submissions.
- You may be invited to give a talk in a parallel session.
- You may have a cutting-edge, practice-changing clinical trials
abstract and be selected for presentation in the Clinical Trials
- Gain recognition from your peers; all abstracts are citable and
will be published on the NCRI Conference website.
- As author of an accepted abstract, you will have the chance to
present your work in a poster session, with dedicated viewing
- Selected surgical abstracts will be published in BASO's
Submission Themes and Format
You will need to submit your abstract in four main sections:
Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. Abstracts must be no
more than 300 words long. Tables can be included and any contents
do count towards the word limit.
Your abstract will be categorised into one of the themes
you indicated during abstract submission
unless part of a poster prize shortlist.
- Diagnosis and therapy
- Epidemiology and prevention
- Information, patients and the public
- Healthcare delivery
- Supportive, Palliative care, living with and beyond
- The cancer cell and model systems
All abstracts will be considered for presentation in these
- Parallel session (oral)
- Proffered paper sessions (oral)
Please note that case reports will not be accepted for
presentation at this Conference.
All posters will be presented electronically at the 2017 NCRI
Cancer Conference. There will be the opportunity to reserve a time
slot in a dedicated presentation area, for presenting e-posters
An e-poster template will be available in due course and all
e-posters for accepted abstracts must be submitted by 22
Presenting author must Register
Presenting authors must register for the Conference. You must
submit your e-poster in advance. Please ensure that you have
registered and paid the appropriate registration fee by Sunday 22
October 2017. Accepted abstracts for which a presenting author has
not registered and paid the registration fee will be withdrawn,
will not appear in any Conference materials, and will not be able
to be presented at the Conference.