Prizes and Awards Announcements 2016
Details of awards made at the Joint BASO~ACS Annual Scientific Conference and NCRI Cancer Conference 2016 at Liverpool on 6th-9th November 2016
BASO~ACS had a very exciting joint meeting with the NCRI Cancer
Conference this year. The following awards were presented by the
Association at this meeting:
- The Ronald Raven Prize was awarded to Mr
Massimiliano Cariati of Kings College London.
- The BJS Prize Paper was awarded to Miss
Madhavi Natarajan from NHS.
- The BASO Raven Lifetime Achievement Award was
presented to Professor Robert Grimer, Consultant
- The Uccio Querci della Rovere Award was
presented to Mr Richard Rainsbury, Consutlant
- The Geoff Oates Award was presented to
Professor OJ Garden, Professor of Clinical Surgery.
- The BJS Lectureship was presented by Professor
Cheng-Har Yip, Consultant Breast Surgeon.
- The Ernest Miles Award was presented to
Professor Brendan Moran, Consultant Colorectal